PC taking RAM for Graphics for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novaflash

Beta member
Recently my PC has stopped running games such as starwars battlefront, and I recently bought Battlefield 2, which when I attempt to load it, does the BF2 logo, then the screen goes black for a few seconds, then the program ends.

I have 512RAM and a NVIDIA 6600 graphics card.

I did a dxdiag and the PC apparently is using 448MB of main memory, and only 64MB of graphics. I do not need to point out that this adds to 512.

So, can anybody tell me, either here or at shaken_not_stirredmartini@hotmail.com why exactly it is, that my computer does not recognise the fact that it has in fact got a graphics card?

Many thanks.

Nova.

Battlefield 2 requires at least 1 gig of RAM. Your Video Swap file (AGP apurture) grabbed a bunch of ram to cover the GPU memory loss. And It will run slow because the bus speed of AGP and independent video memory is markedly faster than system RAM. You need a minimum of 1 gig. I would buy 1.5 gigs more and run your system in dual channel if it will do that. Make sure you match it up DDR 400 for DDR 400 etc. It will not be very long before playing any games will require a least 2 gigs!!!!

Cheers man, but the box says it requires 512 RAM.

And its not that the game runs slowly, its that it just doesn't run. :S Same with star wars battlefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom