Windows Virtual Menory Too Low...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrower

Solid State Member

-This is the message I started getting when I play Ghost Recon. Do I need to increase my Ram. I have a SONY VAIO RS 312v with only 256 MB RAM DDR and a 2.4 GIG P4 prossesor. Thnakks ofr any info about this problem. I have no idea how to fix this error.

Sometimes Windows may not know whats best for your computer. It may have your settings WAY off and you wouldnt even know it. I wouldn't know just what to set it too but my guess would be to leave the minimum something like 128 and max 256. May want to check with someone who knows about that. :)

Stan how do I check and or adjust that setting? I am not sure where it is located.

I used to get that message. but when increased my memory to 1 gig, it all went away and everything was great. so my suggestion is to increase ur ram.

see attached

Thrower said:
Stan how do I check and or adjust that setting? I am not sure where it is located.

It seems my attachment didn't lead you there,please use Windows defaults,unless your studying computer science.
Step 1 : Start menu item,Control Panel/System.
(or My Computer/Control Panel)
Not there use run menu and type sysdm.
Step 2 : select Performance tab
Step 3 : Click Virtual Memory.
Use defaults,
if they where already set,lets go from there.

I checked the settings and they are at the default settings. " Let windows choose what's best for my computer".

Thrower said:

-This is the message I started getting when I play Ghost Recon. Do I need to increase my Ram. I have a SONY VAIO RS 312v with only 256 MB RAM DDR and a 2.4 GIG P4 prossesor. Thnakks ofr any info about this problem. I have no idea how to fix this error.

Ok,I would think your system covers the requirements for this game,but you tell me if it does.
512 ddr won't cost much.
:)
If so contact The folks at Ghost Recon about this.It's your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom