Screen randomly goes blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP

Solid State Member
Hi,

I seem to have developed a problem with my CRT lately. My computer has been running fine for a couple of years now but recently the screen has started to go blank at random times.

Turning it off and then back on doesn't fix it. Unplugging it from the computer and then reattaching the cable doesn't fix it.

The only way to get it working again is to reboot the computer.

I have swapped to another CRT but the problem remains, so it's probably nothing to do with the screen. My next trick will be to try another graphics card.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem before?

what type of video card do you have, and are you entirely sure the drivers for it are properly installed?

Screen isssues

I am having the same problem, and it is with my Laptop. Unsure, of the problem, thanks for any help.
Brandon

maybe your power cable on the monitor is sensitive, or your monitor is on standby.

go to the display properties, click the screen saver tab, and check your power options.

Ok, I found the problem...

My motherboard went bad....After opening it up, I found a loose connection where the Hard Drive plugs into the board. Any movement caused the computer to turn off, only simulating the screen going blank.

Thanks,
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom