Windows M/E. Task bar is hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sure99

Solid State Member
On My HP computer, Windows Me O/s,

Task bar is hidden.

How to get it back?

I tried ---- Control Panel, and tried to open "Task bar and Start menu" icon. It is not opening. Nothing comes up.

Then I created a short cut for the same on desk top, and went to proerties and unchecked the "hide task bar" option and rebooted the machine.

I tried the other way too. I checked the option and rebooted.

But still, the task bar is not showing up.

Please throw some tips.

What happens when you hit Ctrl-Esc? This should make the taskbar appear and pull up the Start Menu. You sure that the settings in Control Panel > Task Bar and Start Menu have the task bar enabled and on top?
Can you take a screen shot of your desktop and attach it to a post?

-Mike

When I hit Cotrol-esc, the current screen fades out.

also, There is one more strange thing happening. one greay circle is appearing on the screen which diminishes and vanishes itself.

Again,I tried to open the "task bar" icon from control panel, it does not open. I can see the icon when I press Alt+ tab to move from one window to another window. but it does not show up open.

I can only see the properites of "task bar" icon's short cut.

ctrl esc

mikesgroovin said:
What happens when you hit Ctrl-Esc? This should make the taskbar appear and pull up the Start Menu. You sure that the settings in Control Panel > Task Bar and Start Menu have the task bar enabled and on top?
Can you take a screen shot of your desktop and attach it to a post?

-Mike

This makes the start menu appear.
Move the mouse to the task bar area.try all 4 sides of screen.
Is systray listed with ctrl alt del .
See attached.

Attachments

• shark6.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 35
I can find systray, in ctrl+alt+del window.

I also see the following,
Camtray
Explorer
backwebagent
Rundll32
lexpps
rundll32
wuauboot
rundll32
loadqm
rundll
motmon
systray
osd
lxblksk
hp_finder
delayrun

can u tell me why is that "Rundll32" listed twice?
Is this a virus?
Thanks,

How to

You probably don't need some and need to use selective startup.I have Wme and forgot what 98 calls it so maybe a 98 user will help.
but look in the start menu system devices.
How do you shut down,you need the taskbar for that and many other things ?
rundll32 is used by many apps andnot a problem or virus.

:confused:

Re: How to

stan-the-man said:
You probably don't need some and need to use selective startup.I have Wme and forgot what 98 calls it so maybe a 98 user will help.
but look in the start menu system devices.
How do you shut down,you need the taskbar for that and many other things ?
rundll32 is used by many apps andnot a problem or virus.

:confused:

that niffty little tool would be RUN>msconfig :)

Not sure that ME has it? I know that NT4.0, W2K dont have it cause Im always trying to use it on client machines at work and its not there!! bastards..Im sure glad they brought it back in the XP version.

You can hide your task bar by clicking and dragging it toward the bottom of your screen. Maybe you inadvertently did this and didn't even realize it. I'm sure you've probably tried this but if you move your mouse to the bottom of the screen you might see your pointer turn into a double sided arrow (one end pointing up and the other pointing down). If you click and drag upward your task bar might come back. Good luck!

Yea, I agree....oh and BTW, the circle that is appearing and then dissapearing is the mouse-pointer finder. It's activated when you hit the Ctrl button...

-Mike

top or bottom

cas0496 said:
You can hide your task bar by clicking and dragging it toward the bottom of your screen. Maybe you inadvertently did this and didn't even realize it. I'm sure you've probably tried this but if you move your mouse to the bottom of the screen you might see your pointer turn into a double sided arrow (one end pointing up and the other pointing down). If you click and drag upward your task bar might come back. Good luck!

The default location is the bottom.I dragged mine to the top.
This doesn't hide it just puts in somewhere else.
Like most Windows menu's.
I suggested trying all 4 sides with no reply.Thanks
:D

Attachments

• shark2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom