MSI K8N Neo4-D vs. DFI LP UT Ultra D

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
I was planning on going w/the DFI board but the case I want so badly, the Arctic Cooling Silentium T3, comes with a unique PSU setup and it's not looking like it can be swapped out. This is a problem because the DFI board recommends a 480 watt PSU, while the Seasonic PSU that comes with the T3 is 450 max/350 continuous. So I was thinking I should forget about the DFI board and get something else, and since I have an MSI X800 video card, figured an MSI board would be a decent choice. I won't be doing any overclocking, I just want a stable system that will perform well and provide a solid foundation I can build upon and upgrade instead of having to rebuild from the ground up. Is this the board for me?

I was going to get the DFI board w/Athlon64 3000+ for $259.99, the MSI board w/Athlon64 3200+ is $249.99.......which is why I was just gonna go w/the DFI board, top of the line non-SLi board w/plenty of room for upgrades and able to OC like no tomorrow, should I choose. Any other suggesstions? Thanks for your help.

Have a look at this thread and you might find some of your answers:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85463

You could do without a 480W PSU, and just use the one that comes with the case, and still get your DFI LP mobo. :)

But, you might as well go with an Infinity board (from DFI) or some other one that I recommended in that other thread. The LP series are for overclocking, and although they are great for regular use. Why pay the extra money for features that you arent gonna use?

Elbatrop1 said:

You could do without a 480W PSU, and just use the one that comes with the case, and still get your DFI LP mobo. :)

But, you might as well go with an Infinity board (from DFI) or some other one that I recommended in that other thread. The LP series are for overclocking, and although they are great for regular use. Why pay the extra money for features that you arent gonna use?
If I can use the DFI mobo w/the T3's PSU then forget my first post. But DFI street.com says you should have at least a 480 watt PSU w/that board, the one in the T3 is only 350, wouldn't that be a problem?

Elbatrop1 said:

You pay the extra money for a better built board :cool:

DJ-CHRIS said:
You pay the extra money for a better built board :cool:
true story.

Unless there's an overwhelming reason I shouldn't, i'm gonna go w/the MSI combo, it seems to be less picky about the components it's mated to, which will save me some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom