Application uninstall log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffyshot

Solid State Member
I have a PC which has had a number of applications removed either by error or by sime one being a pain in the butt

I need to find out when these application were removed from the PC is there an uninstalled log in Windows XP

thanks for any help

there has been an indescretion which the software was suppose to stop and my boss asked me to find out when the software was removed.

Amd2800, if you don't have an answer, please don't post....

Iffyshot, look into your event viewer under application.

The eventviewer is here Contorl Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

It should be under an entry like MsiInstaller or something similar to that.

cool thanks I was hoping for a text file or something but guess I will just have too go through each MSI event in the log

There is a way to set up what you want if you need it in the future, but it's a pain. it involves changing the configuration of the MSI function in the registry, but is very helpful. send me a pm if you want to know.

In general most applications remove everything they did, even logs, because they are doing what is asked. IE Uninstall themselves. I have only seen 3 or 4 in the past year that leave a log behind, and in most cases the logs don't help. The eventlog is only helpful as long as the application logs it. if it's MSI, then it's got 2/3 entries, but you have to cross that to who was logged on at the time. Most other uninstallers, don't report to eventlog their acctions.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom