Rate My Overclock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey twizted what vcore do you use? I have the exact same cpu but mine gets a lot hotter. I may have done my OC wrong so I was wondering how much power you are pushin through for both your CPU and your ram.

1.5vcore, 2.7ddrv...how much hotter are you running? Your 7800GTX probably runs hotter than my 6800gs...other than that i'd think it could be your case.

hey

Hey Ricky, I found the forum... Anyway I did some of the performance tests..

Your overclock is fine we just need to test some more settings before you are sure if its stable...

I am going to redo my entire OC when my second gig of ram gets here (should be today if UPS doesn't **** up my address again) so hopefully in the next few days I will have some better results. Too bad I have crap ram =( but hey at least I got a pimp monitor to see my stuff on before I ran out of cash :D

I don't know about that second gig of ram and overclocking. That could hinder not only your speed of your ram but really put a damper on your overclock..

I suspect you are going to have 4-512's? if not the 2-1 gigs should be fine. Let us know how it goes..

Ya I am going to have 4x512 =( but since my ram sucked in the first place I was hoping that with a memdivider it wouldn't hurt too bad OCing.

Will I be worse with 2 gigs of ram (4x512) than I was with 1 gig (2x512) ? I know I wouldn't be able to OC the ram as well but I was hoping that with an OCed CPU and a memdivider set, 2 gigs of ram would still be an improvement for me in games etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom