#%&^*! What's the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt you have a thread where you were saying you soldered it? Isnt it possible that when you soldered it that you accidently connected a few of the wires on the board?

If the cards toast theres really nothing you can do but wait till you get your free replacement.

I did swap them, and it didn't work. I have an UBER EXTREME Voodoo 16mb PCI graphics card that I can use to see if it truely is the video card. Hopefully it is!

TheGr8schlotzky said:
you said your getting a new vid card..so why does it really matter?

Because I could have done SLI!

Okay now I am thinking it isn't my video card. I put in a working PCI graphics card and it does the same thing! So yay maybe I get to do SLI after all! All of those lights are on, so what does that mean gaara?

Okay it means something about the power. I was frustrated so I took to this local shop (little store that won't charge me a ton) and they tell me that I need a PSU because the mobo won't power up right without the new 8pin plug. I could do an adapter but it isn't as stable as a PSU that has a rail dedicated to it. So I guess I will be ordering a new PSU, any suggestions? It must have the 24pin plug as well as the 8pin plug, has to be >=500 watts, be VERY (AND I MEAN EXTREMELY) STABLE!, and cost less than $200. I currently have (just bought before I built) a FSP 500Watter. I would like for it to be blue in color as well.

Edit: I found this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104015

or this -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104014

It seems to fit the bill, I'd rather have the 600W since that should do very well, but it seems both only have 15a on each 12v rail, even though there is 4 of them. Would this incapacitate me having SLI with this rig?

No there is 3, the Floppy, the EPS12v 8pin connector, and the 24pin (maybe it's 4 if you have a 20+4pin connector) connector.

I am missing the 24 pin connector, there is no molex.

And I have the Expert which has a completely different layout then the SLI-DR.... I'm telling you it has no molex connector, it has been replaced with an EPS12v 8pin connector!

Back to my new question, will 4 12v rails at 15a a piece work well for SLI? It's a 600Watt PSU that I am looking at....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom