Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigga

Beta member
i restored my pc and when i go to play music on windows media player it says...Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly............

love some help please?

Try updating your audio drivers.

If you are using onboard sound, go to your PC's manufacturer's website and look for downloads.

You download them, and run them like any other program.

If they don't come with an installer, you go to Start > Control Panael > System > Hardware > Device Manager. Click the "+" in front of Sound, video, and game controllers. Right-click your audio chipset, choose Update Drivers. Choose the option to choose to look in a specific place, and direct it to where your downloaded driver is.

you can also try uninstalling them and reinstalling them, but i had a similiar problem and the absolute only thing htat would fix it was a fresh copy of xp pro. i tried everything, you may have to if you have a similiar experiance..

ive got like 2 copys already and i reinstalled them both and it still aint workin so i might have to pick up another copy

not only that when i reinstall them they dont full restore cos my c drive is still on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom