Reboots(troubleshoot thread no help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prime95 crashed my computer during the test with the BSOD:

STOP: 0x0000008E (Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804e8071, parameter3 f4751a58, parameter4 00000000.)

Oh yeah, the voltage: 2.7~

~(estimation. Valtage changed around this number)

Alright, I did that.

From what I can see, it still crashed even with the different memory. And yes, they were in the slot perfectly.

I didn't want to do it for 3 hours, but I did anyway. Still nothing wrong. I still don't get this.

For error message from prime95: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827663/en-us

Don't use FAT 32, go wiht the standard for XP which is NTFS.

Test all of the power connectors to your mobo for voltage with a digital volt meter. you connect the black lead to thte psu case and then gently insert the red lead into the 20/24 pin and 4 pin atx power connectors. Pay special attention to each of the readings on the black ground wires. If you get any more than 10 milivolts (.0010) from the ground wires then you have printed board voltage leakage and you will need to replace the mobo if you get random errors or shutdowns during normal operation. If you don't have a digital volt meter go buy one. $30-40 at Sears and they can save you alot of heartache!!!!

Otherwise, you are getting a hadware BSOD error and you need to do a "minimal system" boot and backwards component test for you system. After you've tested the power connector voltages and ground leakage, please post those values and then we'll talk about the rest.

So now everyone is going to give up?

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 035e5000, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80704a7b.

okay, few things to try:

Turn off the following features in the CMOS settings of your computer. See the hardware documentation or manufacturer for instructions.
• All caching, including L2, BIOS, internal/external, and write-back caching on disk controllers
• All shadowing
• Plug and Play
• Any BIOS-based virus protection feature

(from ms site)

Granted, it will run slower but right now we are trying to pinpoint the problem. If it runs fine let us know that its something in the bios. If still nothing then remove all devices that are not needed. Example, xtra cd drives, xternal drives, printers, sound card, modem and network cards, if this happens just sitting in windows also then remove ALL drives (keep HDD, of course) and remove floppy drive. See if it works without crashing. If still nothing, then reassemble, and check eventvwr to see any additional errors. You may want to check DM in safe mode for any ghost hardware (hardware that is duplicated or shows up in DM that doesn't show up in normal mode). Post what eventvwr shows. Also disable any antivirus software (for testing purposes). Finally, see if it will run with the MBD out of the case. Yes, a pain in the *** but this will determine if it is a grounding issue with the MBD and case.

odbod said:
Powersupply: I bought a powersupply that was EXACT to the one I have. Still crashing
maybe it's the type of PSU that's bad, not just one particular one.

cheapo PSU's are usually not very good (not saying you got a cheapo one though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom