Hard Drive's fail to format

Status
Not open for further replies.

omghax

Solid State Member
I'm setting up a Dual Opteron server but everytime I try and format it, it just hangs on the formatting screen.

I have,
ASUS K8N-DL -onboard RAID SATA controller
SATA Seagate 250 GB 7200 RPM x 2
2 GB of Kingston Registered ECC RAM

It recognizes the hard drives and let's me go through the formatting process, and I have configured the RAID in the BIOS. I've tried both 0 and 1 RAID settings.

I've tried installing Red Hat Enterprise ES (paid for), and Windows XP Professional Enterprise (paid for).

Also, when I try formatting on my personal computer it works fine. Anything I could of done wrong?

--Thanks

Do your hard drives have an IDE connection also.If so try to switch it to the ide connection just to format them and then switch back over to SATA and when you start to install windows use your 3rd party raid drivers disk.

hit f6 when prompt and load the floppy for your raid. format them in regular mode, then raid them later. why are you using raid? raid setup has a tendency to be unreliable

No RAID floppy, it's onboard ASUS and they only gave me a CD that runs in Windows.

-- I changed the ports from RAID to just the regular SATA drive ports and I still have the same problem. But in this case, when loading the sata_driver from the Red Hat CD it just hangs. It doesn't even get to the format screen.

omghax said:
No RAID floppy, it's onboard ASUS and they only gave me a CD that runs in Windows.

-- I changed the ports from RAID to just the regular SATA drive ports and I still have the same problem. But in this case, when loading the sata_driver from the Red Hat CD it just hangs. It doesn't even get to the format screen.

with asus you need to go into their folder on the cd and find their floppy disc makers. be careful, you might find 5 such things on the cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom