first OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

still running Prime95.... temps get up to 45c so far...I want it to stay under 50c

Attachments

• overclockmem.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 121
any suggestions on improving the RAM timings? they were 2.5, 4, 4, 8 stock. I'm honestly really surprised that RAM is doing 225mhz, stock voltage. (knocks on wood)

I'm surprised it's doing 225MHz and the fact you're running tighter than stock....overclocking RAM and tightening up the timings are generally not a good thing to do, buuuuuut if you say you've tested it and you have no problems with it then more power to ya. If something messes up then try around 2.8v

I dont know about y'all but i dont like the idea of OC'ing. especially when cpus cost high dollar$

Nubius said:
I'm surprised it's doing 225MHz and the fact you're running tighter than stock....overclocking RAM and tightening up the timings are generally not a good thing to do, buuuuuut if you say you've tested it and you have no problems with it then more power to ya. If something messes up then try around 2.8v

what do you suggest? that i loosen the timings a little bit? or just more testing...its only a couple hours into prime right now

i was under the impression that as long as i don't up the voltage, the risk of frying any parts is minimal. so i figure if it can run like this, completely stable, stock voltage, i'll leave it.

-update- ran prime stable all night long and ran mem test successfully for a couple hours. i'm about to goto work and will let it run for that time also

dp1dp said:
I dont know about y'all but i dont like the idea of OC'ing. especially when cpus cost high dollar$

People choose to do what they want with their money, and if it's overclocking so shall it be. If you know what your doing, you can't hurt your components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom