can run pc game video stress test like butter but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
When i actually play the game i get split-second pausings and frame rate reductions. I do not know how else to explain it. It is just like choppiness i guess....

I have a pentium 4 3.4 ghz, 1gb ram dell dimension e5150 pc with a geforce 7800gt card.

If you just start up the game it will lag when it loads textures and stuff in the ram. If it is already in the ram it should be normal, is this whats happening?

I don't know. I am supposed to have a pretty good fps. I have a good fps except for when moving, and that is when i notice some reduction in fps. I get these problems in cs:s and half-life 2. The only other fps i have played is unreal tournament 2004, which has no problems.

Alright, i get 10 fps- 50fps during gameplay when i type cl_showfps 1 in the half-life 2 console. When i inputted cl_showfps 2 i got from 40 fps- 120, with the average being like, 70. During the stress test i get 130 fps. What is going on here?

You should not be getting video lag with that card and system. Do you see this "choppiness" on all the servers? Quite often, you will get a kind of lag on some servers called packette choke.......very comon because some of the dedicated game servers are crap. I would make sure it is not server choke and/or your IPS. Your system should not have any video lag!!! Download 3dmark5 and tell us what your score is.

I am not playing online.... I get a steady 40+ fps in a lot of action.
The best i have gotten is 200+ when looking at water or something. When no action is on screen i get about 100 fps. During moderate i get 60+ During intense i get 40+.

There is no problem. You can't see anything faster than 20FPS anyway. Since you are not online gaming, it makes no sense why you are getting video lag. Call Dell. In the future you might want to remember this quote for future reference: "If you want a great PC, buy the components you want and build your own. If you don't care if it works or not, buy a Dell". Their best gaming machine is far less, in quality, than my cheapest build!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom