Small Hard Drive Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebleakness

Banned
I just installed window xp onto my system and followed all the instructions but when i check under the properties, it says that there is only 9.7gb of hdd space. 6.6gb of that is already used up. Did i do something wrong? If so, what do i do to fix it. My specs are in my sig.

What file system did you choose to format the drives with, NTFS right? When you set up the RAID did it say that your new disc size is 240 gb?

Yes, i used NTFS and it came out to about 240gb (alittle smaller because of the actuall size but w/e). Do you have any idea what i should do? Thanks for the response.

did you hit f6 when you first boot the xp disc and install the raid drivers with the raid floppy?

I see you found the other topic. Yes i installed both RAID drivers that came on the floppy. I also bought the drives OEM so they didnt come with anything. Could it be with the 48bit lba that you were talking about? Thanks for the help.

thebleakness said:
I see you found the other topic. Yes i installed both RAID drivers that came on the floppy. I also bought the drives OEM so they didnt come with anything. Could it be with the 48bit lba that you were talking about? Thanks for the help.

I have your mobo. load the last 2 or 3 drivers on that floppy. you don't see them. use the down arrow to pull them up. I got a seagate cd somewhere. let me find it

those are probably the 2. I don't use a raid setup, but I use sata so I do mine differently. it shows a few driver and I know they one I pick aren't on the initaial screen.

maybe when you follow their direction and create that 10 gig partition and it screwed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom