[MARKETING] Basic / Entry / Performance / Hard Core PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I need to update the website for our business with some clone PCs.

We have 4 levels of Clone PCs Configuarations.
1. Basic PC
2. Entry Level PC
3. Perfomace PC
4. Hard Core PC

I am trying to look at this from a marketing point of view in order to offer people value for money which current technolgy.

BASIC PC
The Basic PC is your avarage $#!+ box pc. Cheap all in one motherboard. CD Rom, 256Mb, 80Gb Hard Drive, little to bugger all upgradability. And bugger all margin made.
I have this configuaration down pat.
How ever, should I put a market this with a CDRW instead of a CDRom. It's does make a $25 price difference to this PC.

ENTRY PC
Some thing like an extra than the BASIC PC. Normally a non-intergrated motherboard, entry level video card.
Again.... should I have a CDRW in as standard on this box?
What is considered an entry level video card this year? Can i still put in a RivaTNT 32MB, or should I be looking at putting a GeForce MX440 64Mb?

PEFORMACE PC
The Peformance level PC is mid range PC that is disigned for gaming, but with a budget in mind. I pretty much want to give a much bang for your buck.
How ever...
1. what should I go for with hard drive size? 80Gb or 120Gb Hard drive.
2. DVD and CDRW in as standard.
3. Video Card, should I stick with nVidia, or can some one suggest a ATI that will give good bang for your buck.

HARD CORE PC
Best of the best where price is not an issue. Question, people that seem to be spending unlimited money on there computer so it can be a game machine. DVD Burner and SATA hard drive is standard on this beasty.
ATI or nVIDIA? What will people be attrached too now days.

Come sone one suggest some quick specs please.

I would leave the Basic PC alone. not put a CDRW in it.
The entry PC, I would put the CDRW in.

I have no clue about the video card stuff, but I found an ATI 9800 for 299 US, and a GeForce FX 5900 for 303 US. I doknow that a lot of people on the forum suggest ATI over NVidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom