OC Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I have not done major OCing befor and have Never OCed on an AMD CPU.

I have managed to push my X2 4400+ to 2.51Ghz which is somewhat stable.. so far i have had only 1 BSOD and no crashes.

But when i try push my CPU up to 2.6 windows fails to boot, it gets passed the loading bar then just restarts.

I currently have it on 11x228 = 2508Mhz and the Voltage is on 3.9V

I went up to 11x239 with the voltage on 3.4V and windows faild to boot. I dont know how high i can push the voltage without risking anything. This is a $800AU CPU and i dont have enought money to buy a new one.

So is windows Failing to boot a problem with lack of power to the CPU or is there a limitation on windows?

thanks. And just so you know CPU is running at 28c on Stock.. so no risk of overheating ATM.

yes i tryed 11x239 on 3.9v it still failed to boot, so i put it up to 4.3v and still failed.

I am also experiancing skipping in 3DMark 05 and in the CPU tests there is some very noticable tearing.

Did you jump from 3.9 to 4.3? Always use small increments, then test, increase, test again.

Try increasing RAM voltage slightly.

Ok i have managed to get windows to boot but i need to ask if my settings are alrite.

I am running 237x11 = 2607
with a voltage of 1.46V

i also had to jack the ram voltage up to 3.2V (in the bios it goes from 2.7 straight to 3.2.. with not 2.8,2.9....)

I just need to clarify thoses voltages are alrite and i am at no risk of frying my CPU.

I have also noticed my +12 power is running at 11.37... is this ok?

Sprooty said:

I have also noticed my +12 power is running at 11.37... is this ok?

Can i get some replys on that asap.. i just had a quick chat to pzerfogh and he said thats quite a bad thing.

It wont seem to go above 11.5.. its currently as 11.43

Sprooty said:
Can i get some replys on that asap.. i just had a quick chat to pzerfogh and he said thats quite a bad thing.

It wont seem to go about 11.5.. its currently as 11.43
It should never drop below 11.95. Time for a new PSU.

omg.. is it really that bad...... this psu is like 4 months old.

edit: what will most likley happen when i goes? will it blow? or just stop?

Edit: I just rebotted and checked my bios and it said 11.96... but Abit EQ and Everest both say 11.49 and 11.43.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom