Motherboard/Case power problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You took the wires out of the old Compact connector?
If the wires were still in the connector........you could trace the color code of the wires to the exact pin on the mobo.
The wiring color code is usually a standard.
There are no markings on the mobo at the pins to identify the exact power signal??

Yes Like I said Im a retard Here is a Pic of the Motherboard pin

0102061505a.jpg

Camera phone sorry about the quality

Well, I spent about an hour trying to get something helpful from the HP site. Not much luck.

Your mobo is the 246858-001, also called Spider.

All the Compaq info/specs on the site are really vague. i couldn't find a layout diagram at all.

Your best bet would be to email HP, explain what is going on, tell them which mobo you have, and ask them to send you either step-by-step directions or a layout diagram.

Just work with the power-on connector. Try to verify that connection first. The sys. should power-up with the Led on.
I can't see the markings..... fuzzy picture.
Ill try to find that mobo.

There are no traces of the wires in the old connector??
If you can see the color code in relation to the connector key....... you can verify the hook-up.

* Try to locate the manual. It should show you details of that connector.....
** See link below......... my connector is the same as the one shown in this link. My power leads are on pins 7 and 8. My reset is on pins 17 and 18. If you click on the pictures you will see the connections. Read the first page of the article, and note........
******* polarity is not important for the power & reset switches, but it is for the Leds.......
this is low voltage......you're not going to blow anything up.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1149953,00.asp

John....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom