My hard drive is gone, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
So my parents computer is around 4 years old, I bought the newest anti-virus (Norton) and installed it on their computer. While installing i think it had some troubles unistalling the previous version. Anyways thats beside the point (i think?), now when i turn their computer on all i can't do anything.....And i mean NOTHING, I can't run misconfig to boot the computer in safe mode (f8 at boot doesn't work either on boot), None of the installed programs work, and everytime i try it gives me this message:

rundll32.exe
"This files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel"

After frigging around trying to unistall Norton, theres no way i can get into my control panel. I've tried everything i know and NOTHING works. It must be the hard drive? but would the computer still even boot if the hard drive was gone?

Anyways any comment,suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yup its windows XP, and i can do NOTHING. I repeat Nothing.....except internet explorer works for some reason. Oh and i can get the windows task manger to pop up. And no i can't get into Safe mode.

Well, a repair install you say.........what if i were to say i can't find the Windows Xp disk?

I was on the verge of going out and buying a new hard drive (i thought that was the problem) can anyone assure me it's not my hard drive? Would anything work if my hard drive wasn't working?

Ok, i did a repair install and everything seemed to be going well untill 13 minutes left in the installation. A warning poped up saying Norton Anti-Virus does not support the repair install. And continues on to say i have to unistall it, but the problem is i can't do anything in windows especially unistall or even get into my control panel. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Never mind i decided just to do a complete reinstall of windows. Stupid F-ing Norton Anti-Virus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom