bulding a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not purchaced any of the parts yet. the total price of the computer now is 389.99 with a 2.40 GHz celeron.

i do not want to spend much more than what i have now.

what would be a good p4 to get?

i probly dont want to spend much more then 450.

you can easily get a system twice as good by switching to AMD XP processor and mobo. a celeron or duron is pure trash, it sounds like you are not willing to change though. maybe you are a diehard intel fan.

here are two complete computer suystem i can recommend to you for around $400 each. you can remove items and customize items to make it even cheaper. you do not have to build anything:

Gamer Xtreme 5000 SE $439:
http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/highendsystem/XP-SPECIAL.asp?v=d

AMD Value 1000 Home $415:
http://www.cyberpowerinc.com/highendsystem/homeentertainment.asp?v=d

I have played several new games on my 1 1/2 year old computer with a 2.6 GHZ celeron, INTEL motherboard with a 845GV chipset and it works fine, not one problem.
The graphic card market play's a huge role in gaming today. Pick and choose a graphic card wisely here, they are ever expanding, and compitition is HOT. It feels like there is a better one on the market ever month. Don't get me wrong though, a computer 2 years ago ment for gaming, will have a hard time playing the graphic rich games of today, but it's not that they won't!! it just might be not as fast or as stable. Today's Graphic cards are the gate keepers and hold all the keys too unlocking a computers gaming capabilities.
I would strongly suggest spending the money on a very good motherboard which has a top of the line CHIPSET, and has the capabilties to be upgradeable later, so you can keep up with the times as much as possiable. But get ready, who knows what there will be as far as hardware and software goes, that pride and joy of a machine you just built, a year from now, I hate to say it, will be out of date. So get the best you can now, so it won't be so bad later. Your flip side to the reality side. Newt

you said your going to be running autocad and if then i would get a better proccessor/memory. the processor should be a athlon 2500+ MOBILE. i stress get a mobile. unbelievable overclocking capabilities with even air cooling (i have reached 2.7 ghz with a slk-947u hsf at 1.8v with would be equalto about a 4 ghz pentium). only 100 bucks. get like a ABIT nf7-s v2.0 or some sort of DFI Lanparty mobo. the bare minimum for memory is 512 for gaming. you'll like the preformance much better. also if your going athlon dont bother getting dual channel because there is no performance increase from single to dual channel with an athlon system. maybe brand name memory if you can afford it. try to find a 9500 pro. for average and even some hardcore gaming (maybe not DOOM 3) it is an extremely good card when even slightly oc'ed.

Also i have heard that Celerons, do not work that well with Celeron processors. If you want linux, try another processor, maybe Intel 2.6 Ghz with HT. Or a AMD processor

where can i get doom 2 or cna it be downloaded?

i am not a dihard intel fan but i have not really used athalons before. all the computer i use and have had have had intel peniums or celerons. now my parents first computer they bought was an hp with an althalon in it.

i will see where i can get the best combos with an atholon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom