Doom 3 minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
Alright, time to help a good ole boy.

My woman bought Doom 3. The box of Doom 3 said that the MX4 series would support the game. I'm calling BS on them. The frame rate was maybe 6 fps. It's not playable.

My woman has an AGP 4x slot. I'm looking into the ATI Radeon 9550. Does anyone have any experience with this card? She doesn't want to spend more than about 50 bucks. I keep having to upgrade the machine. 60 bucks TOPS shipped. I want to hear people that have played the game with lower end cards. I don't need too much speculation, because I can do tha just fine, unless it is in relation to cards somewhere in this ballpark.

Video quality doesn't matter because it's already on low and she's saying 'ooo' and 'aaahh.' I need framerates. hopefully 40-50.

Ryan

Doom3 runs great on my system at 800x600 on high detail with effects turned on and my graphics card is a geforce 5600, similar to a 9550.

sorry to disappoint you

i have radeon 9550

sempron 2600+ oc'ed to 1.8ghz
512MB DDR333

ran doom 3 at 680x480 at medium
got 30 fps average

Well I got this card http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Visi...81811/catOid/-13043/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do Sitting on my shelf. I played the doom 3 demo with it, I had it on 1154x864 (8xAGP) I'm not sure of the FPS but It was definitely much more then 5 FPS. I think it is core-500MHz mem-250MHz or something like that.

If you want it I will sell it to you for 50+whatever shipping is. If you really want I could hook it back up and test out the FPS on the doom 3 demo or whatever you want me to test:)

O ya I never OC it and I only used it for 6months.

bonehelm, I like the numbers you're posting, but don't understand why I should be disappointed. I just need playable framerates on low. You said you had it on medium. She has a gig of ram and an overclocked Athlon 1800+. Any more imput is hugely appreciated, so keep it coming boys.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom