amd of intel.....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxidation1

Solid State Member
im currently running a socket 478 intel pentium 4 @ 2.00 Ghz and im pleased. Im looking at some new motherbords and cpus. i dono if i should go with amd or intel...

im looking at the intel dual core pentium 4 or the pentium d

the amd im looking at is a dual core anthion.

im more of a multi tasker them gameing. id rather run a virus scan and spyware scan wile downloading and searching the web rather then play a huge game. i do play little games tho such as warcraft 3. i also edit my bands songs on it and may use it for samples soon as well.

Intel Or Amd? what single proccesor do u recomend?

Other Systen info:
- dvd + dvd lightscribe
-1.5 gb's of DDR RAMM
-I have a GeForce fx 5500 250 mb graphic.
-40 gb ide drive and 250gb sata (main drive)

PLEASE HELP!

oh 1 more thing... im not to consernd with heat. i have a apple G5 knock of case by cogen. its gto the legs holding it of the ground and has holes on the top and sides for air. the case itself also has a cpu heat scoop and a fan in the front and back as well as the side the motherboard and proccecors onand 1 on the top. then theres the proccesor fan witch i will upgrade with the procceccor

AMD is and has been the bang for the buck company for a long time. Just buy the best processor you can afford.

Ryan

ya, i guess. im just not happy with my freands 2 ghz athlon. i mean it is in a compaqe but idk. theres somethign about them i sdont like.

The processors do the same job. They have equal quality. Almost 100% of the processors work flawlessly when bought new. I've never encountered a 'fritzy' processor. AMD always tends towards better gaming performance and equal to near equal application performance. That's because they tend to be modest with thier processor rating. Remember, a 2.0ghz Athlon can do the same work as a 3.2ghz P4 or 3.7 ghz P4.

Ryan

hrmm well since ur not playing games i say u go for the p4, they use thsoe at my school and at my work, and they work flawlessly with applications like photoshop, my work computer takes alot of multitasking stress and a 3.0ghz p4 seems to run just fine.. unlike my amd 3500..... don't get me wrong, i love my processor, but it just doesnt do me as well when multitasking as i had hoped for

If your going to multi task, I strongly recommend an Intel CPU, even though they are a bit pricey.

since you are multitasking, go for the Pentium D. people here would actually recommend the Athlon X2's cuz they're the best processor on the market and has better multitasking capabilities but just got for the Pentium D. people with athlon processors are usually gamers :)

as for single processor, go for the P4 with hyper-threading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom