threemooses

In Runtime
i was thinking of biulding a computer with all theses components

amd athlon 64 3800 x2 cpu
DFI -- NF4 Infinity nForce4 mobo
ddr2 igb ram 5300 ram
sata 120 gb 7200rpm hard drive
video card i have no idea i want to spend around a 100$

i dont know if i want to overclock but i herd that dfi s were good for that i will be primarily using this for gaming and then some media managing i would like to multi task and i also herd that the dual cores where great for that as well. video card i have no clue. soo if you guys have any thoughts that would be great. if you think that i should switch a component out for another try and keep it around the same price range.

AMD doesn't have support for ddr2 yet. The mobo you selected won't fit ddr2 modules. If you wait a while AMD will be putting out CPUs with ddr2 support. I'm not sure when those will be released though.

Yes but as of now (until the AMD revisions are released) AMD cannot use DDR2 at all. DDR is the fastest RAM available at the time. DDR2 really doesn't make a huge difference in performance at the time anyway.

Anyway, I'd reccomend going with an AMD Opteron 148 Socket 939 and buying a 6800GS. Take some funding away from your processor and use it to fuel your video card, because if and when you want to game, you'll definetly be glad you bought it. For $100 more the 7800GT provides a whole lot more power, but that will run you $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom