Mobo won't detect CPU properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhy_rom

Beta member
I just recently got a new motherboard for my computer. Everything has been fine except for one thing. The new mobo (ASUS A7V400-MX) won't detect my CPU properly, it's a Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton core). My CPU runs at 1.15 Ghz when I know it's supposed to run around 1.913 Ghz. There's no option to change the multiplier or FSB speed in the BIOS. Is there another solution?

My comp specs..
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
ASUS A7V400-MX Mobo
1 GB RAM
40 GB HD
80 GB HD
Radeon 9550
Benq DVD-RW
Samsung CD-RW

Running Windows XP Professional w/SP2

In the BIOS, if you can change the CPU settings to MANUAL, you should be able to select your CPU's operating clock frequency, multiplier, etc. If you can't, then see if there is a jumper on the actual motherboard itself that prevent certain FSB's to be selected. It's only really common on older motherboards, but it's always a possibility.

TMT.

Thanks. There are dip switches to change the FSB on the motherboard but according to the manual it won't have effect if the CPU is locked. Which it is. =(

mhy_rom said:
Thanks. There are dip switches to change the FSB on the motherboard but according to the manual it won't have effect if the CPU is locked. Which it is. =(

You can still change the FSB, just not the multipliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom