Hard disk transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
ok here goes. Im upgrading my hard drive from an ide 80gb to a sata 120gb. Is there anyway without reinstalling windows i can transfer all the stuff across to the new hd.......? I know about files and settings transfer.....but can i copy the entire disk without reinstalling?

i have never tried it myself but i see no reason why you couldnt copy the hard drive image from your 80gig drive and place it on the 120 gig drive, and then resize the partition so it fills the whole disk rather than just the 80gig.

do not trust x's file and transsfer wizard, to much **** happens way to often for it to be trust worthy. Your best bet is to make the sata your primary hdd with your os on it and use the 80 as a slave.

Funcanator said:
ok here goes. Im upgrading my hard drive from an ide 80gb to a sata 120gb. Is there anyway without reinstalling windows i can transfer all the stuff across to the new hd.......? I know about files and settings transfer.....but can i copy the entire disk without reinstalling?
yes...use partition magic to copy the image from that 80gb to your new 120gb HD.

use Partition magic, Maxblast (from maxtor website. its free), drive image

what the name of your 120 gig drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom