æArchOAngelæ said:
his specs say its pci

"Current Specs:
Intel Celeron D 2.8Ghz
1G RAM
80G Seagate Baracuda 7200.7
GeForce FX5500 (PCI)
am I missing anything?"
Oh, I see now. Sorry. I guess I didn't realize it was made as a PCI card as well.

my friend has the same card. On stock speeds it plays wow very well. of course hes got 1 gig dual channel corsair ram and a p4 2.6 ht proc. You wont notice much of a difference when overclocked as we didnt either and we got it 275/420. it just got really hot. Good luck with your card though. Maybe it will be better.

Even if it doesn't OC too high, it's still abit of practice for me. Also, I OCed the 2D portion of it, not the 3D. Like I said, I'll run 3D mark03 today and check my temps and my score, then OC it abit and see what happens. Maybe I did luck out and got the ONLY OCable one out there:D That would be cool:cool:

OCing the 2d part is just stupid, why would you need the graphics card fatser for displaying the windows desktop?? If anything, you should underclock the 2d portion, it will make the card last longer (not that you care). The only part that makes a difference is the 3d part, and even that is only like 1-3fps.

003 said:
OCing the 2d part is just stupid, why would you need the graphics card fatser for displaying the windows desktop?? If anything, you should underclock the 2d portion, it will make the card last longer (not that you care). The only part that makes a difference is the 3d part, and even that is only like 1-3fps.

I was just messing around with the utility thee first time, which is why I did the 2d part. I'm OCing the 3D part right now.

.........I have a succesful OC!:D So, who wants to know what I'm running it at? I ran 3D Mark03 3 times to test it and there were no artifacts whatsoever, and the temp stayed right at 35C. But, I do have a few questions.

1. Where should I put the thermal sensor to tell the temp? I have it on the bottom of the card (side with-out the fan). Just want to make sure that's a good spot for finding the temp.

2. Should the temp and stuff change if I run a normal game? (don't have much time to play right now)

3. Would more efficient cooling prevent artifacts when I was getting them?

4. Would upping just the memory make any difference?

I feel special. I'll give you guys a hint as to how far I've OCed, it was more than the 10MHz OpticalIllusion said I can go:D Anyways, I've gotta run right now. I'll let you guys know what i got it to when I get back, my brother's gonna do the final test on it (gaming for a few hours straight:D )

RadRacer said:
You got 300/500 out of a FX5500 with no artifacts in your gaming anywhere? You must have some kind of factory freak because I would have never guessed that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom