Oc Gpu 7800gtx 512

Status
Not open for further replies.
Myoushu Chi-Fu said:
You should turn the vsync on. That'll make it better if not eliminate the problem.
o really? i always thought turning vsync off is better..
mb its good for my CRT. its set at 85Hz anyway. cool ill try that.\but im out of town now so ill do that when i get back..thx
but y does it happen only on fear and cod2? not any other games..

lazerman said:
Maybe those are the only two games that you have vsync disabled.
nope. i check every settings well. and all my game' vsync is off.
so that means i should turn vsync on on all the games?

o and Myoushu Chi-Fu, u have a comp that very close to mine.
what settings do u run on fear @ 1600x1200?
i guess at 1600x1200 i dont need AA..?
(o cool u r in nyc. so am i)

so let me get this straight. for crt monitors its better to turn vsync on? since it has actual frame rate. and does that gonna make the performance better because it wont produce any higher frames above the max res set at the monitor?

Vsync causes mouse lag.

EDIT:

I just realized. If you have a 7800GTX512 it runs at 550/1750 at stock speed. Go for 600/1800.

the 4800 x2 barely can handle that card before I got mine I ask around and many said the cpu I have is one of the only cpu that gets the full potential of the 7800gtx 512mb.I run F.E.A.R. 1600x1200 with no lag.
I will soon be building a new computer so Iam going to overclock this one with something which will be a water cooler..Here is a is a article about this very post.It kinda amazed me

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Nov/bga20051109033185.htm

If you read the posts you notice a little intel fanboy get slammed with common sense. Boy I love it when someone sticks up for intel when the dont know jack.

how come no one is buying fx series anymore its like the most powerful preocessor for gaming but it isnt future proof since it doesnt have a dual core its probably the only processor around that can handle that cards power. And take it too the max, the 4800 is good n all but its not the bad boy on the block.

wolfeyes89 said:
how come no one is buying fx series anymore its like the most powerful preocessor for gaming but it isnt future proof since it doesnt have a dual core its probably the only processor around that can handle that cards power. And take it too the max, the 4800 is good n all but its not the bad boy on the block.

Good answer to your own question. It isn't future proof.

wolfeyes89 said:
Well for one, you can OC the 4800+ 400MHz to 2.8GHz and then you have dual FX-57's. And it's cheaper to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom