Overclocked Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason I said PSU problem is because it might have overvolted or something and sent to much power to the motherboard....... Or there might be a bad sensor.....

Put the chipset voltage and the voltage for anything other than the RAM and CPU back to stock, it has no affect on your stability. All it does is generate more heat and shorten the life of your PC. Second, 1.7v (let alone 1.78) is A LOT for 24/7 use, especially since you are only on air cooling. I would try to stay at or under 1.65v. To get the RAM higher, get a better PSU, and some better RAM. Also, look into the Thermaltake Big Typhoon or Scythe Ninja heatsink.

Well about the heat problems, my system at 2.565GHz idles at 27*C, why should I get a new heatsink? I can touch it and it's not hot. Also, why should I set the chipset voltage back to stock? It helps stability in this case. I know that 1.7V is really high so I downclocked it to 2.565GHz running on 1.586V and stock NF4 voltage. It still is very stable at this speed. I was looking at this ram, any good? I'll have to bite the bullet and get a better power supply I guess, I'll go with like Forton or something like that.

Reason I said PSU problem is because it might have overvolted or something and sent to much power to the motherboard....... Or there might be a bad sensor....

Are you talking about the ram screwing up?

I have another question, by default my cpu clocks it self at 1810MHz and the RAM speed is 201MHz, why is that, is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom