Noobie needs windows help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onimun

Baseband Member
Noobie needs windows xp help

hey guys,

first off, i would like to say that i am indeed a noobie, and i accept that.second i would like to comment on how great i find this site to be. very encouraging.... anyways i have a problem. ok it started when i accidently ended the process " explorer" on windows. I accidently did this so please no bagging. next , my computerr froze, so i killed it and tried to restart it. upon restartring it it game me a new menu asking me wether i wanted to run it as normal or safe mode or last remembered time. NO matter which one i choose, it continues to load windows , but about 5-7 seconds into loading, it restarts itself, and does the exact thing. PLease provide any help :) thanks

Im running a P4 at 2.8 GHZ
1.5 GB memmory

if that helps... thanks

reboot...and press F8 to get into the boot menu while booting...i am assuming that you have windows XP...so then choose "Last Known Good Configuration" and it should solve the problem

thanks for your help...i try this, and windows starts loading, but about 5 seconds in, it reatarts compleatly.....

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

thanks alot monster, for the help. my computer did not come with an windows XP cd, but a recovery function on the boot up screen. i dont thinki it offers a repair, just recovery... or is that it? also i have media center edition, not regular xp. also, its a HP.. if that helps. thanks guys, ill fiddle around with it some more

well if you dont care about what is on your pc go ahead and do it. If you had a xp cd we could try other things first

it gives me a menu, asking me wether i want to continue with system recovery or click no, and try out other repair features of xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom