the RIGHT cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

threemooses

In Runtime
i would like to biuld my own computer i will primarily use it for gaming and when not doing that i like to manage my media and talk online i dont like to wait and i would be kool to multitask what is a good cpu for the price watching consumer.

whats your budget? if your really cheap, go with a sempron or Celeron. if you can afford an Athlon64 or a Pentium 4, go for it. Pentium 4's are generally better multitaskers because they have HyperThreadng, but the Athlon X2's are the best multitaskers becuase they have 2 cores.

my budget is around 700 dollars i have two really old computers andi could maybe use the cd drive and the hard drive but other than that ide im going new

Haha okay that's quite a bit of cash. If you can spend that much devoted all to a CPU then here are your four solutions around $700:

AMD Single Core
AMD Dual Core
Intel Single Core
Intel Dual Core

Those are all in the range of $600-$1000, but I'd highly suggest the AMD dual core. There's a slightly slower AMD Dual Core processor available that is like one step down from that one. It's a good alternative if you can't afford that option.

ok my bad i didn;t mean 700 for a cpu i menat 700 for the whole comp i am looking at a gigabyte mobo and a x2 3800 for around 400 that is more ofe the price range for the cpu

Athlon 3700+ and build some very regular stuff around it. Gigabyte motherboard, integrated graphics if not gaming. It'll have integrated LAN and audio. A gig of ram, and BOOM. New computer.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom