If you dont know how much ram to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for something like this for quite a while. I have wondered for a long time what the dif between 1GB and 2GB was. I always assumed that there wouldnt be a huge dif, but these benches prove it. THanks for the find!

I am not sure if it would make a difference but they are only testing the games at 800x600, if they tested it at 1600x1200 with full AA and AF on BF2, would 2GB be neccessary?

I'll tell you what. I originally had 512 x2 in my computer when I built it. If I leave a IE window open, minimized it, and then played BF2 for 1/2 an hour, after I quit BF2 and click on the minimized IE window in the taskbar to bring it back up, it takes about 10 seconds before it will actually come back up as the system "takes back" all the memory that windows reallocated in order to run BF2. Now that I upgraded to 2Gb, not only does that not happen, but I can pause BF2 and toggle back to my desktop and work like there's nothing going on, even though the task manager still shows BF2 as using 600Mb of memory. Thats reason enough to me to have 2Gb of memory.

wow IE window.... anyway i got 512 but are doubling RAM soon which will be very good. for me & other people who use their pc for gaming, family internet etc 1gb will excel

These benchmarks do not really take into account the small brief noticeable peformance losses you encounter while going into a firefight. Benchmarks are no way to really judge ram.

Yeah, the 'overall' performance isn't greatly affected, but it's just the brief moment when you really NEED it to be smooth, and BAM. Sure enough, your machine has to go to the hard drive.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom