GeForce FX5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRacer

In Runtime
OK. I just got this card and I'm ready to OC it....I think. How far do you guys think I can go on stock cooling? What would be too hot? Right now it runs between 35C-40C. Also, should I just use RivaTuner, or should I download some drivers (such as ForceWare or Detonator)? I just downloaded RivaTuner and am going to see what I can do with that, then run 3D Mark03 and see what I get (and check my temps).

yeah ummm

i dont think that cards gonna oc very well....

also the stock speeds would be a nice hint on how high youll be able to take it. And yes i am that lazy

if i were you i would use the coolbits registry mod but just make sure that the temps are good while you are playing games because gpu's go into a different mode when you are playing games which runs at a faster frequency settings.

Silly me, forgot to put the standard speeds:p

OK, it runs at 250/400 stock. I just upped it to 300/475 on 2D using RivaTuner (which I'm really starting to like:D ) and saw a 1C change in temp.....I was going to try it and then run 3D Mark 03, but I figured I'd better see what the temps are when I run that program, so I have something to compare to.....

I'll have to run it tomorrow though, my mom's yelling at me already....

im surprised you got it that far.

Yes lets try a bench, unfortunately i have a bad feeling your going to get artifacts

I have the same card. The only reason I have it is because it cost $45 and it's something to get me going until I get something like the 6600GT. I read a review on the FX5500 and they said it only overclocked like 10 MHz or something pathetic like that. You'll probably get artifacts in your 3D benchmarks with clocks that high.

PCI video cards OC like crap, and you will not see any performance difference because the PCI bottleneck is so big (well actually small :p).

003 said:
PCI video cards OC like crap, and you will not see any performance difference because the PCI bottleneck is so big (well actually small :p).
It's an AGP card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom