p4 heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
here is a (poor) photo of my p4 processor, it has a big fan next to it, and a cover which im geussing is so the fan is putting all its cooling power on to that...right?

so when i get my new case do i need some kind of new cover to direct the fan on to the heatsink, or should i go for somekind of new heatsink and fan?

btw, my existing pc is a dell, im replcing the mobo, case, psu and memory.

Nice case choice... that's the one I want to get.

Any of those heatsink/fan combos would work.

You may want to get an 80mm fan for the front of the case to help move the air... Intel's are know for getting hot.

Trotter said:
Nice case choice... that's the one I want to get.

Any of those heatsink/fan combos would work.

You may want to get an 80mm fan for the front of the case to help move the air... Intel's are know for getting hot.

it looks like to me that he probably has a northwood, they dont get hot at all under proper cooling, Precotts are known to get very hot.

Also I spy about 2 or 3 HSF setups that are incompatible on that website. The socket 754 and 939 HSF's would probably not work.

Also I spy about 2 or 3 HSF setups that are incompatible on that website. The socket 754 and 939 HSF's would probably not work.

That's what I get for skimming a link, huh?

thanks guys, ill put a new heatsink and fan on it i think, and the case ill fill with fans eanyways....keep it rel cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom