What the#$%^&

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple enough. Allready removed all the programs I could live without. I've been storring all my graphics and many of my documents on CDs. I was able to defrag again, freed up about 20-25%. But I've done this before. And without even downloading files and programs, that little pop-up in the tray bellow continues to remind me that I've got "low Disc space".

Another hard drive in addition to, or to replace the one thats there? Might as well buy another computer? One that doesn't have this partition business.
Thanks again.

Sounds too good to pass up. 200gigHD. Wouldn't that be a lot of storage? No more "disc space full" pop-ups? I'll have the guys at Comp USA install it for me.

Will my processor handle it; AMD Athlon XP2600 + 213 GHz

They sold this computer to me with my understanding that there was 512 BM of ram. But it's only 480 as stated in system properties.

If you can use a screwdriver, you can install a hard drive. And your CPU has nothing to do with how much storage your comp can handle, so don't worry.

You probably do have 512MB, but system properties shows the available RAM (after Windows).

Sounds like your comp is probably faster than mine.

I can use a screwdriver but, I also don't change my oun motor oil either.

My work computer has a T-1 connection. My home computer has DSL FastAccess Ultra. There's no difference in speed that I can notice.

Do you use a registry cleaner, fixer or scrubber? You might notice a difference with your speed. Here's a 30 day free, full version.

http://www.amustsoft.com/registrycleaner/

Very generous of you. Thanks. I'm in Deerfield Beach, Florida. I'll put some coffee on!

Yeah, I've run across that one at Majorgeeks.com It's where I get most of my free software.

You were very thourogh in your instruction for that guy. Sounds like you really know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom