making a fast pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanpcrepair

Beta member
My pc was ruined in a fire. Insurance will pick up the tab for a new one. My only real wishes are that its fast and have 200 gb of space.

My freind just built one that fully boots and loads everything in aproximately 20. he says the key to doing it is his AMD 64 bit processor, and 2 gb of ddr400 ramrunning dual channel, running a copy of xp(not the a preloaded os from emachine, hp or such)

Is this all I need to have a fast boot? or am I missing something?

AMD may be considered inferior in the eyes of an average pc user, but that is not true, it matches up and even surpasses intel and is much more cheaper.the more ram you have the faster your pc will boot, but make sure it dual channeled.

as for the copy of xp not sure if that will ,make a great deal of a difference with repect to speed, but you can try it and see!!

If you want fast boot-up times... You need a solid CPU (any athlon XP or above). The second component is the hard drive speed. Other than that, the rest is all upgrades to help you run more and heavier programs. It's pretty complex... there's more than 3 dimensions like your friend was tryin to convince you. I wouldn't listen much to him anymore for computer help... IM me on aol instant messanger if you need help.

Ryan

tariqadkhan said:
AMD may be considered inferior in the eyes of an average pc user, but that is not true, it matches up and even surpasses intel and is much more cheaper.the more ram you have the faster your pc will boot, but make sure it dual channeled.

as for the copy of xp not sure if that will ,make a great deal of a difference with repect to speed, but you can try it and see!!

Ya i respect you amd rules. I mean the new x2 processors trounced intels dual core. I remember about two years ago when you cold get a amd 3500 that outperformed the more pricier inter 3.4ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom