Processor 64x2.. or 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
hrm i'm having a tough time deciding what to get.... should i get a amd 4000+ or a 3800+x2????? having tough decision

my mobo's coming in monday or tuesday!! computer being slowly made!

by the time dual threaded applications become intensive enough to utilize mulit-threaded hardware, the 3800 will be backwords. I vote for the single core 4000.

Ryan

Yea i agree with Irish. Earlier today i was looking at the same exact issue while trying to design a build. And ultimately I chose the 4000+ instead of the dual core. I just dont feel its necessary yet, and the 4000+ is already much faster.

well I guess its just personal preference. For gaming single core is the way to go at present. I just plan to buy dual core in the future because I use lots of applications and think dual core will help a lot more when doing my graphical work.

I guess if you buy it for gaming for now then sure single core will kick a dual core.

alrighty, since i am going for gaming i will get the 4000+ and it is much cheaper than the dual also, expecting to see my system up in march! can't wait, thanks for the help

The dual-core would shine in multithread and dual processor capable programs but for games, its only going to use one core of the CPU. So for gaming a dualcore would be pointless because you'll be using only one core at the same FSB and a lower GHZ. Its a win/lose thing. I do video production so the dualcore would be great for rendering video, encoding, compositing, etc. but for games it wouldn't be as good as a faster clocked AMD4000 or FX.

hrmm anyone know of any performance difference between the two???? cuz the dual seems really tempting, but people seem to say the 4000+ is better for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom