Opty 144 from a 3000 venice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Opty 144 from a 3000 winnie

Is it worth it?

I'm really tempted to get one now, as my sister wants a PC, so I told her to get this CPU for it. This has made me jealose of the CPU, and may swap it for another opteron that I would buy straight away. Anyway, is it worth buying it over a 3000 winnie?

Thanks, Trif.

Made a mistake in title, its a winchester not a venice (not had much sleep, not the best condition to recomend a pc to my sister. :S)

Well if you are planning on overclocking, then yes. It also has double the L2 cache.

no is not worth it. u wont see and a dramatical performance gain. in video games cpmparing a amd 3000 to an fx 55(or whatever) u get 5-10(maybe 20) fps more. so for like 400-800 dollars u get 5-20 fps more not worth it. instead get a better video card. samething with anythging else the performance to price ratio goes down dramatically as u go up to higher processecors.

Besides, the upgrade you're making is hardly an upgrade at all. I mean, it's BETTER, but it's just not that good.

Ryan

efd753 said:
no is not worth it. u wont see and a dramatical performance gain. in video games cpmparing a amd 3000 to an fx 55(or whatever) u get 5-10(maybe 20) fps more. so for like 400-800 dollars u get 5-20 fps more not worth it. instead get a better video card. samething with anythging else the performance to price ratio goes down dramatically as u go up to higher processecors.
More like 40fps
http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=238&model2=212&chart=68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom