electric bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I leave my comp on a lot as everyone in the family uses it at some point. It doesnt sound like too much money really so my fears are at ease. Thanks guys Just hope when newer technology comes out power consumption is kept within reasonable levels. I dont want to buy a nvidia G80 and dual core and find out im ending up buying a 800 watt PSU espcially if physics cards become the norm too.

Like DJ-Chris said, a 550watt psu doesn't actually use that. It converts the ac to dc 550watt max. The PSU is not full load all of the time either.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Plug in whatever PSU wattage you have and you can calculate an estimated cost. Keep in mind even if a PSU is rated at a specific wattage, it probably is hardly ever putting out that max wattage.

DJ-CHRIS said it? I think I said it in my original post.

IT's B.S? What the heck are you talking about? How can a varible be B.S? My point of the post was to outline the formula you can use to ESTIMATE the cost of running a PC AT FULL LOAD for 24 hour 365 days a year. Which will never happen, but it gives you an IDEA of what it would cost. It would be fair to assume you could probably take that FULL LOAD COST and divide it by atleast .75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom