Serious Computer Problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen_s

Baseband Member
One of my computers is not working at all. When I turn it on, it powers up and looks like its working but no signal is going to the monitor. The monitor says it is working and to check the cable. I reattached the cable to the computer but to no avail. One thing I noticed is that the floppy drive light is on the whole time even though no disk is in it. Could it just be the cable (which I highly doubt) or is it something wrong with the computer? If so, what do you think is wrong with it and how can I go by fixing it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

stephen_s said:
One of my computers is not working at all. When I turn it on, it powers up and looks like its working but no signal is going to the monitor. The monitor says it is working and to check the cable. I reattached the cable to the computer but to no avail. One thing I noticed is that the floppy drive light is on the whole time even though no disk is in it. Could it just be the cable (which I highly doubt) or is it something wrong with the computer? If so, what do you think is wrong with it and how can I go by fixing it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

When a floppy drive light is stuck on, you usually have the cable on backwards.

Try disconnecting the floppy drive (why not take it out, floppy drives are useless anyways) and report back. Doubt the floppy drive is causing it not to boot but it's a possibility.

Since you said the floppy light stays on, in my experience its either of these two things. Either the cable to it is reversed, and you should try connecting it another way / try another cable. OR the drive is bad and casusing POST to cease.

I would disconnect the floppy drive and see if it gets past POST.

Well I have had the computer for a few years and I havent messed with the floppy drive cable so I don't think it is on backwards. Do you mean the cable to the power supply or one to the motherboard? I assume you mean motherboard. So just unplug that cable and try to boot it you think?

I unplugged the floppy drive but it is doing the same thing except the floppy light isn't on. Any other ideas?

My power button light also isn't coming on now but the little light that shows activity and all the fans and stuff are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom