Inaccessible Boot Device Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbbraveheart

Baseband Member
I've been trying to diagnose this error for quite some time...

I have Win2K Pro

1/2 way through the Windows startup screen it goes to a blue screen and gives me the error message Inaccessible Boot Device
I restart and go into BIOS or press F8 and Enable Boot Logging and it starts right up no problem

and even then...sometimes it still goes back to the blue screen w/ the error message

heres what my tower has:

hd
cd rom drive
cdrw drive
removable hard drive(only comes online when I lock the bay with the key and hasnt really been an issue EVER, I even disconnected it and still same problem)

TIA

oh btw...heres the blue screen error message(really short version):

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

You may need to reinstall or run a repair of your installation. You would need to boot off your OS disc and check for these options.

In any case, I think you should slave this drive in another computer and backup your information. Just in case you need to reformat.

^^^about a month ago...the desktop wasnt used for about 2-3 weeks and was left off for that time

I went to start it up and then I had that error ever since

Im going to try to run a repair install and see if that works

well that didnt fix it...

same thing

however...

I went into the BIOS and in the IDE Configuration section I changed the Primary Slave, Secondary Master and the Secondary Slave from Auto to None and Win2K starts up every time

qbbraveheart said:
well that didnt fix it...

same thing

however...

I went into the BIOS and in the IDE Configuration section I changed the Primary Slave, Secondary Master and the Secondary Slave from Auto to None and Win2K starts up every time

or that'll work.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom