Best Non_sli Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxLife

Baseband Member
AMD 64 skt 939 compt. Please post link or describe it
or should i go with SLI...?

If you do decide to buy the DFI ultra-d that Elbatrop poste and then later when you decide that you need SLi, you can mod that board to accept it.

what about ASUS or ABIT non sli boards...are they any good?

Id rather go with an asus but i cant figure out which one to purchase

Abit and Asus are good as well. The reason I didnt recommend them is because of the experiences I have had with them. I have seen the Asus SLi boards (I dont know if it would be the same for non-SLI) and their chipset fans dying a lot.

And as for Abit, I just havent had any experience with them, nor done much research on them.

On the other hand, I've done more research on DFI and MSI, and I own a Gigabyte.

Well i would go with a cheap sli board for future proof. I mean what if right now u buy a badass video card. And later on it gets cheap and u add a second one and ur getting double performance marks there. I say sli i mean 30 bucks more for futer profing is good.

i wouldnt go sli. it dosent give you double performance because they havent perfected it yet and no game really needs sli yet cause just a normal 7800GT or GTX kicks serious ***. i would just go with the Lanparty UT Ultra-D because if you dont want to overclock and you change your mind in the future its right there if you decide otherwise

You can no longer mod the DFI LanParty Ultra-D to perform SLI. The DFI company has discovered this and has made all future Ultra-D main boards unmoddable to SLI. If you want to go SLI in the future, there is no way that you can buy a non-SLI board. They have also prevented this buy not supplying an SLI - bridge essential for SLI. *NOTE* The SLI bridge does not come with the video card- it comes with the motherboard.

agentnibbles said:
You can no longer mod the DFI LanParty Ultra-D to perform SLI. The DFI company has discovered this and has made all future Ultra-D main boards unmoddable to SLI. If you want to go SLI in the future, there is no way that you can buy a non-SLI board. They have also prevented this buy not supplying an SLI - bridge essential for SLI. *NOTE* The SLI bridge does not come with the video card- it comes with the motherboard.

Just curious but do u know how much the bridge costs by itself im thinking probably half the motherboard's price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom