Hard Drive Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

LabyrinthX

Beta member
I've been having a computer power problem for a long time. For some reason I'd hit the power button and the computer wouldn't turn on. After a long period of testing, I finally found out that when my power supply is plugged into my main hard drive, the power supply won't turn on. I unplug it from that hard drive, and it works fine. So my question is, is there anyway I can get the information off that hard drive?

what is the wattage on the PSU because it seems more like a bad power supply than a harddrive stoping the computer from turning on?
also what do you have pluged in on your computer?

When this first happened I thought it was the power supply. So I bought a brand new one, and the exact same thing happened. When I finally just unplugged everything the power supply worked fine on its own. I plugged everything in one by one, and figured out that whenever I had the power supply plugged into that one specific hard drive, the power supply wouldn't turn on. The only lights that turned on were on the motherboard. An led that told me the motherboard was recieving standby power, and another that told me the ram was getting power. But the power supply fan wouldn't turn on, neither would any of my other hard drives or cd-roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom