Windows XP pro question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Does anybody know which part of the registry to edit for this problem I am having? Whats happening is that when I connect via the VPN and want to manually browse a network share by using the RUN command then say \\tds-bbr02\it and click ok it says unable to browse this location because the reference account is locked out. Now before SOMEONE here says “unlock the account bozo” Its not that simple ;-) The scenario is I used to be able to browse as mentioned above with no problems, but I made the mistake of having windows “remember” the user name and password. So when my password changed I have since then not been able to browse the network. There’s got to be a place in the registry that is holding this info and thus not prompting me for a user name/password, any help you can provide would be awesome!! Thanks!-Vince

Has your password been changed locally or has it changed on the domain?

For this problem a registry edit is not needed. This is an authentication problem resulting from passwords not matching. This can be resolved simply but please answer the question above first.

go to tech-tv.com and download the LC4 code breaker program. You can put it on a floppy. It will search your system for all usernames and passwords.

You should have no problems then.

Getting the password off the local machine will not rectify his problem. He needs to sync the password on his local logon with the password on the domain. This will allow him to browse the network without any problems. If he don't want to change passwords any where then he can log onto the domain shares by typing \\domain\username (for username) and typing the domain password (for password). His current username and password on the local machine is not authenticating on the domain that's why he is being stopped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom