hard drive recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowfront

Solid State Member
Just made the biggest mistake of my life. I have this harddrive that I keep everything I need for my computers. It has my life on it and I just ruined it. Because my brothers computer has been acting up we reinstalled windows on it. I keep all my programs and drivers on the harddrive so I put it in his computer, only for the computer to still not be working right. So I have him reinstall window's again, but I ended up deleting the partition on the good harddrive that I put in there when reinstalling windows'. Now the harddrive doesn't even appear when I put it in my computer.

Is there anyway to get data off of the harddrive that window's deleted the partition at window's install?

May-be with professional data recovery. But that will cost a lot of money. The good thing is though, if they can't recover your data, you don't have to pay for the service.

lol - this is one huge mistake...

You get the "Kicked In the Balls Award"
kicked.in.the.nuts.jpg

if u've deleted ur partition, all data are gone. ur gonna have to create a new partition and reformat

mike4realz said:
if u've deleted ur partition, all data are gone. ur gonna have to create a new partition and reformat
Just because you've deleted your partition it doesn't mean the data is gone - the raw data is still there it's just being ignored by the OS. It's not deleted until it's written over!

You could use data recovery software to get some (maybe even all) your data back yourself but DON'T INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE ON THE DRIVE because as you put more data back onto the drive it will start to overwrite the old data.

I'm sure you could use GetDataBack from runtime.org to make an image of the drive (and it's 'deleted' data). Then you could carry on using the drive in the current PC and browse the image file to recover your lost files. I use this but it's not free :( although someone may be able to point you to a free app which does much the same!

U justhave to recover the data. It's there, but u don't see it. Just the prob is to fix it. U will have to do that.

Runtime is awesome! I did the same thing about 6 months ago and not only did Get Data Back recover ALL my files it put them back in the same forlders!!! Just do it!!! Ask if you need help!!!

Well I'd like to say thanks to the first couple post for telling me I was screwd

why make a reply when you don't know what your talking about??

And as for the people who know what there talking about thanks a lot. I bought a program before reading your suggestions. But having problems with it. In dos it scanned my drive and found the partition and files which I could see. I told the program to assign the partition back to the drive but its still not working. Before the harddrive didn't even show up on the computer, now its there at least but nothings on it, windows' wants me to format the disk.

I think the problem is the fact that after I assigned the partition there was another unallocated section on the disk. Real small, but can't realy do anything with it. would because of this little section on the drive not right, keep the drive from being viewable in windows'?

I bought active partition recovery at
http://www.partition-recovery.com/

no reply on my support question to them......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom