Help with amd 3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeyes89

Daemon Poster
ok i have an amd 64 3500 newcastle core running at 2.2ghz and my mobo is a
ABIT AV8 1.5 SOCKET 939 K8 MB now what i ask is what would b a stable voltage, fxb, and ghz to be overclocking too. And i have a bout six fans in my rig. If you also have any suggestions for my bfg 6800 gt agpx8 it would be greatly aprreciated cause i have powerstrip just laying around.

Don't take your Vcore above 1.6V for 24/7 use unless you know what your CPU can handle and you know what your doing, and I would advise looking at the Overclocking sticky, because no one can tell how high it will go. It might not even overclock 1Mhz with any voltage, and it could overclock 500Mhz with stock Vcore (both are unlikely).

yep my heatsink sucks its the ajigo which is the stock heatsing im thinking of geting the new zalman. But i just wanted to get some stable settings other users were using to see were i can start from. But i believe my cpus a dud the maximum ive ever done is 2300 and thats with the v core gone all the way up to 1.7. It was stable for a few hours then cpu overheats.

Have you tried using dividers? It is possible your RAM can't keep up with the overclock and is causing your system to go unstable. You may want to test your overclock with Prime95.

I do believe its the ram. Imma try memtest and prime95 because my ram is alienware brand aka i belive generic. If it is and ur theory is true ill have to buy new memory modules. Might as well prepare for vista since requirements are gonna high as a mofo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom