2600+ wont pass go and collect 200$

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok so i decided that what the **** why not and go ahead and OC my 2600+ AthlonXP past 2.3. Well I have a divider so if i bump up the FSB the ram wont go past 166 (DDR333 in it). So i have the FSB set at 200 for an effective 2.3ghz on it. Everytime i try to go any further it will beep at me of course and not load up and default to safe mode settings. I have the voltage set at 1.75 and it deffinately isnt overheating at all. Anybody got any ideas?? (Garaa, Nubius??)

well I pumped 2.225v through my XP-M trying to get 2.8GHz stable....personally I wouldn't try above 1.975v on it again, but I was new into overclocking at the time and felt daring. If you're keeping it cool you can put more voltage into it. It took 1.875 for my XP-M to run at 2.5GHz and 1.975v to get 2.7GHz completely stable

Ok well i made it 1.75v and im running 2.41 stable. According to CBID im running a 3626+ :p My LAN rig owns haha.
What was your FSB set at to get 2.7ghz? BTW my ram is at 175 2-2-2-6@2.7v WEll ill try some more sunday when i get home.

Donno, but from the looks of it, it's some kind of tool that determines your CPU's speed rating in intel terms. I'd like to try that once I oc my opty to 3GHz!

CBID = Central Brain Identifier

cbid.jpg

It's basically a variant of CPU-Z that provides a bit more info and second opinion on stuff like vcore and such

And yeah, Nubius basically answered this question...XPs can take enough voltage and you should be able to pump close to 2v through them if you have the cooling to do so

How about the Palamino core? Anyone have experience with that? I'm not sure what a good IDLE temperature is. I read that the maximum temp should be 90*C but I don't know what is safe for that sucker to run when it's idle or in use. I obviously want to stay away from 90*C.

Ryan

Thanx for answering the question Gaara, and i have good enough cooling to push it. I just need to put my good fan back on it but for the time being im not going to a LAN so it dosent really matter. I did get it to 2.5 but i think something is getting unstable cause Windows will restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom