Kcrmyz Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
Hey lately I oced my computer. I OCed the bios to a "Memclock index value from 200 to 250". Then when I turned my computer on it wouldnt work. I got reccomends from another person on here. But for reference I came to you guys. I was told that I needed to use the CMOS to jump my bios, to reset the CPU, Which it will unclock it and get it to work. Can I get some heads up and heads down if this is right before I do it.

Reset the CMOS, there should be a jumper beside the battery on the motherboard, go from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 then back to 1-2, that will reset the CMOS/BIOS, and don't attempt overclocking unless you know what your doing. And it don't "unlock" the cpu or "reset" the cpu.

So this is basically it? What will happen after I reset exactly will everything go back to normal or will there be changes? Will everything be back to normal as it was before after I attempted OCing?

Ok but what I had from before will still be there right, thats what you mean from back to normal right?

Restting your CMOS will return ALL of your BIOS settings back to their default settings. Just like when you first fired up your mobo (or flashed your BIOS, as the case may be).

Is this hard to do should I attempt resetting it or get someone else to do it?

All you do is open up your case and look for a little flat battery.

Slide the little metal piece to the sade and pop the battery out. Lay it down and go make a sandwich.

When you finish of your lunch, go back and reverse the steps.

You don't have to leave it out for more than a few seconds, but I figured you'd rather be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom