4x512mb sticks. only reading 1gb?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok ive got 4 sticks of geil ultra 512 pc4000 memory running in my computer,i ve got it running only at pc3500 333=8 when its perfectly stable at these settings at 2.7 volt, but its only reading as 1gb, im not sure why. all of these sticks work, and have been tested. any ideas? ive also tried running this at pc3200 and it still does not pick up 2 gigs. and one more thing is that my motherboard is supose to suport 3gigs pc3200 dual channel, and this is really gay lol im guessing it could be because my memory is running at 1T but i cannot change it to 2T, and if it was that wouldnt it just not boot?

well i found out that the problem was dimm slot 1,2 can only run double sided memory, and dimm slot 3,4 can only run single sided memory. so that sucks

yea its pretty lame lol, and also i canot take my computer out of dual channel even if its 3 memory sticks it trys to force dual channel which makes it unstable. and in my bios its constantly 1T no option to make it 2T which also limits me in overclocking memory, my i think my lame bios was made by 3rd graders lol. dont get a ga7n400l lol

I have 4 slots for 4gb and had the same problem I inserted 4x512 and it only read 1gb so I reformated my computer and it read 2gb and it runs alot faster now!!!

Yes that is very interesting I guessed I learned something 3rd graders, I was preparing to say 2nd but umm

well lol thats a good question why they would make a mobo like that. lol i normally dont have a problem with gigabyte, there alright but thats just retarded the way this ones made i wish i could afford a abit nf7! maybe get my cpu to 2.6ghz or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom