my upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
btx is just a different layout also on dells the mobo is attached to the case by this sliding panel, its weid, i tryed to rebuild my friends dell by replacing the case and it wouldnt work.

It wouldn't matter if dell used btx, he wouldn't be using the case, powersupply, or anything else along those lines.
But you can keep the ram, don't see why you wouldn't unless it's a different speed than what you want to upgrade to.
Also, I would get the case/psu combo if you're really into the case; Antec uses their good powersupplies even in their case/psu deals, so it would be a quality powersupply.
Be sure that the hard drive will work (being sata, ultra ide, etc.)

PcMe said:
It wouldn't matter if dell used btx, he wouldn't be using the case, powersupply, or anything else along those lines.
But you can keep the ram, don't see why you wouldn't unless it's a different speed than what you want to upgrade to.
Also, I would get the case/psu combo if you're really into the case; Antec uses their good powersupplies even in their case/psu deals, so it would be a quality powersupply.
Be sure that the hard drive will work (being sata, ultra ide, etc.)

thanks, sounds like you understand what im trying to say, how do i know if it will all work with my hdd?

i do like that case, but for the same price i geuss i could get the other psu and a 40£ case, so it all depends on what case i like the most.

ok, so i took a look at the hdd and it says ATA/IDE....i think, what does this mean for my psu.

oh yea, and what do you guys think of the cases i posted earlier

All IDE drives will work on PSUs made in the last 5 years. All the require is a 4 pin power connector which most PSUs have in abundance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom