One problem after another someone plz help mE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Solid State Member
Ok i was in q4max and got an error had to reboot machine when i noticed this BSOD for the first time upon windows load. "Unmountable boot volume" ive popped in windows xp professional disk and run Repair I'm running 2 Sata barracudas raid 0 . Ive done this at least 3-4 times chkdsk /R it did say there were two or more errors the first time and it fixed them. Ive run fixboot , chkdsk /p .... Nothing is working. Cant go into safe mode anything

One thing i did noticed when the xp pro cd was in the loading drivers part right before it prompts you for the R for repair and format. It said unexpected error(32769) line 5137 D:\xpclient\base\setup\setup.c. im thinking this might have an affect also ??

please someone help i have important things to do on my pc and dont want to reformat

So i reFormated after everyone told me my hdd's were shot.......

So i booted up Windows xp pro hit f6 - (btw the disk that came with my mb didnt work so i had to download the raid driver off the dfi site) Loaded the both raid drivers formated windows.. Everything was fine.... I tried to locate my cd's for all my drivers , found out my Girlfriend lost cd case with all cds i need... The thing i needed most is to get interenet working so i can get all the other drivers... Problem- I downloaded the Nvidia Chipset drivers unzipped, located ethernet folder, copied all files except the nam files onto a disk. (This is what a dfi tech told me to do) Opened the disk on my friends comp to make sure files were there, yes they were there. So i popped it in my formatted machine, opened device manager,/system/ then under ! ethernet i right clicked, updated new driver , pointed to disk , said there was no file for update.. I know the .Inf file is there so i was like wtf. Kept trying and trying. I even downloaded the file again and redid it like a dumbass , still didnt work... My brother came over which was a stupid idea in my case. He tried and tried no luck. So he right clicked another ! device and hit update pointed to disk, and it found a file on the disk to use.. I was like wtf are you doing? He said he just wanted to see. Im not sure what he tried to update but it loaded some Emulator bus something.. Still internet didnt work.. SO i was like well wtf did you do... So the ! ethernet device was gone . Dont know what happened but it installed some device. So i right clicked that emulator and uninstalled to see mabye the ethernet device would pop up so i could try something the tech guy told me to do which was in genie bios disable marvell lan so it would reconginize the .inf file on disk under ethernet device. But there is no ethernet still.... So i was like well mabye i should just start over again this is all ****** up now.... So i restarted with xp cd in hit f6 to load raid drivers. Now its saying there isnt a file on the disk for it to use.... I almost pulled my hair out..... I redownloaded the raid drivers off the internet for mabye some hope of working. Still same thing .. If i hit enter instead of hitting S for more devices it gives me that error i got before i reformated! It said unexpected error(32769) line 5137 D:\xpclient\base\setup\setup.c..... OMG So i cant reinstall windows now??? I know i did something to mess it up... SO i loaded windows that is already installed and just sat there thinking what i could do.... What is going on this is crazy... While windows was loaded i put xp pro cd in and clicked install windows and tried to hit f6 in there but it didnt work. It went through the whole install and loaded me back into windows. I dont think it loaded a second windows if thats possible cause hd space is still 146gigs out of 149 which is strange cause i have two barracuda 80 gigs that should be at 160 total....

PLZ i know someone is reading this going **** your an idiot. I just get fed up with computers somethings and try all types of things for it to mabye work... Im almost scared to touch it at this point... I will love you forever if you take your time with me and help me ...

Ok now when i boot computer up and press enter when it says cd in driver. It starts to load windows xp setup and stops me now and says This computer is already in the process of being upgraded to microsoft windows. What do you want to do?

*TO continue the current upgrade, press ENTER
*TO cancel the current upgrade and install new version of microsoft windows prss F10
To exit setup without installing Microsof windows, press F3

i know this is because i tried to install windows while i was already in windows...

ok this is what it says now when i hit f6 on windows setup
Disk cannot be read because it contains an unrecongnized file system. Before it would show the two raid drivers and i would hit enter on one go back and enter the other then began formatting... WHat did i DO ????????????

one of those drives might be bad. Waht i would do is reformat, use just one drive and see how that goes for a while. if it does it again, use the next drive.

you needed the sm bus emulator to make the gigabit network card work. when you get to the screen or maybe the screen before this

**TO continue the current upgrade, press ENTER
*TO cancel the current upgrade and install new version of microsoft windows prss F10
To exit setup without installing Microsof windows, press F3R

hit esc. now you can delete the partitions. delete it. create a new one.
please get rid of the raid setup. that's your problem. they are not reliable. if you run raid, run it on 2 10-15 gig drives

149gb drive is a 160 gig drive. that's normal. I have one.

when you are done installing windows run the nvidia setup files. don't head to add new hardware use the .inf files, because these nvidia chipsets (I have a dfi board and an asus one ) require some drivers (like the sm bus) to be install first before you can install other drivers

Eric B before i didnt know that i had to hit f6 and install raid drivers. I would just pick one of the hdds and install windows. After installing it wouldnt even load windows xp. SO i dont have to do the raid drivers? Just delete both partitions and pick one drive to install windows?

Im a litlte confused when it comes to sata drives, mabye im just super newb...

I really appriciate you guys helping me. This is the highlight to my newyears....

oh yeah and does it make any sense why the raid drivers arnt located on disk and before i had no problem?

sorry i keep forgeting to add things in , So if i dont do raid. DO i have to change any plugs? Or keep the little thin cords plugged into the sata slots on the lanparty board?

Just delete partitions and setup new partitions on the two seperate Hdd's?

SOrry dont mean to sound confusing!

what mobo do you have? you have to hit f6 and load the floppy to make xp see the drives. disable raid 0 and just run the drives regular

we need to get hime to use Nlite and slip them drivers in there, this would make it much easier for him

here are the floppy sata drivers from my DFI LANParty NF4 Series mobo unzip them to a floppy. now you hit f6 and load this floppy (assuming you have my series of mobo) you won't see the sata drivers they are the 4th, 5th or 6th one. you will have to scrool down the page (most people won't realize that you can do this) to select them

click on the free verison and wait for download

http://ul14.rapidshare.de/cgi-bin/upload.cgi?rsuploadid=710533152811472726

Vapor said:
sorry i keep forgeting to add things in , So if i dont do raid. DO i have to change any plugs? Or keep the little thin cords plugged into the sata slots on the lanparty board?

Just delete partitions and setup new partitions on the two seperate Hdd's?

SOrry dont mean to sound confusing!

delete your partitions. look to disable raid in your bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom