Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpious

Beta member
Main priced parts of my new pc will be

graphics and processor

(obviously)

therefore i just wanna make sure i am getting the best one for the money

I want a 7800 GTX prob 256MB as 512MB too expensive.. just wanna make sure i choosing the right one

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...=c2hvd3N1YmNhdGVnb3J5X3BhZ2U=&subcat_uid=1449

Ebuyer will be where im getting it from.

Also i want to get the AMD Athlon X2 4400+ to be futureproof and im sure i can overlock 200mhz more to make it a 4800+.. will that processor still be powerful enough to bring out the protential of the 7800GTX?

I would recommend you getting a 7800GT instead of a GTX. THe GTX is over £100 more than the GT and only outperforms it by around 5-10 fps and that only in high resolutions. In lower reolutions (1024x768 and below) the 7800GTX performs the same as the GT.

The 4400+ will definately bring out the potential of the 7800GTX

they have a gtx for 300 but the new atis are gonna have 48 pipelines way more than the gtx's and if u wait the new m2 cores for amd will ne coming out instead of buying a amd x2 4400 u could get a 4800 in the near future. Maybe in summer. If u seriously wanna own get some cheap cpu a amd 64 3200 and maybe one of nvidias 6000 series and just wait till the other things come out cause the dual core games will be coming out very very soon.

THe new ATI card having 48 pipelines is unlikely to happen, they said the last ones would have 32 and they ended up having 16

But out of all the 7800 GTXs on ebuyer can you tell me which one is the best ?

256MB ones like i duno XFX or something

The best one is the Leadtek followed by the MSI. All the other ones are dirt especially the XFX. Whatever you do, do not get the XFX card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom